TERMS OF SALES AND STANDARD POLICIES
Please log into your account, tied to your Design House® Customer Account Number when ordering.
- All prices are noted in U.S. dollars (USD).
- Prices accepted at time of checkout supersede prices noted in any catalog, quote or other communication from Design House®. If you believe your pricing is inaccurate when logged into your account, do not checkout and contact customer service at www.todaysdesignhouse.com/contact.
- Freight charges are applied at the time of shipping and invoicing. Estimates calculated with each order at checkout may change when terms are applied. Please confirm your shipping terms are correctly reflected at invoice. If you believe your shipping/freight charges are inaccurate, contact customer service at www.todaysdesignhouse.com/contact.
- Payment is collected at checkout unless the “invoice” option is available to your account and selected.
- Buyer agrees to pay all current or future federal, state, or local taxes related to any Purchase Order provided to Design House®.
- Standard invoice payment terms are Net 30.
- Payments via ACH are preferred; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for set up details. Or follow the instructions on your invoice to remit payment.
- Past due accounts may be charged an interest rate of 1.5% per month (18% per annum), not to exceed the maximum interest rate allowed by law. Buyer agrees to pay any collection costs incurred by Design House® or its Agents in collection overdue balances.
- Design House® may exercise lien rights on projects where payment has not been made in full.
- In general, consumer orders ship in the next business day (weekday) after order. Business orders are scheduled by our warehouse based on service level agreements. Transit times may vary; view shipment tracking information to view the latest carrier estimates. Delays, both in manufacturing and those outside the control of Design House® (e.g. Acts of God or delays in transportation) may affect shipments.
- Please notify Customer Service within five (5) days of receipt of order of any shortages or variances in quantity at www.todaysdesignhouse.com/contact. Design House® shall not be responsible if shortages are not reported within this period.
- Shipping carrier and routing will be selected at checkout. Customers are responsible for shipping costs presented at the time of checkout. Shipments requiring a lift gate will be charged at $75.00 fee, even if free freight minimums are satisfied.
- Design House® reserves the right to make changes without notice to its products or packaging. Please note that all specifications are approximate and dimensions are nominal.
- Consumers who have purchased directly from www.todaysdesignhouse.com may return non-defective products to Design House® for credit within 30 days of purchase and with prior authorization in the form of a Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA). To obtain an RMA, contact us by creating a ticket at www.todaysdesignhouse.com/contact and fill in the appropriate fields to identify your issue. Your RMA will include information on where to ship your product and must be referenced on your shipment. Customer pays return freight unless otherwise noted; a 25% restocking fee may apply. Credits are paid based on original purchase price. Returns may take up to 15 days to be credited. For additional business customer terms, refer to your customer agreement or the business catalog. If you would like a replacement instead of a credit, identify that on your contact form and the customer service agent will work with you to address this. Business customers may have longer time windows for returns; review your sales terms and conditions.
- If you are missing or have damaged parts, please contact Customer Service at www.todaysdesignhouse.com/contact to have a replacement part sent. In cases involving defective product, materials and/or workmanship covered under standard warranty terms, please contact Customer Service www.todaysdesignhouse.com/contact, as returns require a Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA #) before being returned. Design House® is not responsible for any damages post-shipment and Buyer agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Design House® against any claims related to such damages. The Buyer’s exclusive and sole remedy for any breach of contract or warranty shall be limited to the replacement or repair of products as noted within these Terms.
- Our acceptance of orders is made conditional upon your acceptance of these Terms.
WEBSITE TERMS & CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE. BY USING OR ACCESSING THIS SITE OR USING THE SERVICES THEREIN, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE.
Welcome to the web site for Design House®, a registered brand of DHI Corp. We maintain this site for general promotional, company relations and public information purposes.
DHI Corp. (“DHI”), owns and operates this site, portions of other web pages and web content (collectively, the “Site”) through which you have accessed these Terms & Conditions. DHI offers various services that are accessible to users through this Site, such as, for example, information about products, e.g., home décor including faucets, locksets, vanities, lights, ceiling fans, wall art, lawn figurines, furniture, rugs, etc. (“Products”), and resources relating to the same, e.g. Warranty Information, Catalogs, Shipping, Ordering, etc. (collectively “Services”). By creating an account with DHI, users may access negotiated pricing, check order history, track orders online, etc.
Your Compliance with this Agreement
You acknowledge that this Agreement is supported by reasonable and valuable consideration, the receipt and adequacy of which is hereby acknowledged. Without limiting the foregoing, you acknowledge that such consideration includes, without limitation, your ability to visit, use and/or submit information to the Site and/or Services.
The Site is Not Intended for Minors
This Site is generally not intended for anyone under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18 and have reached this Site, please leave the Site immediately.
Your Access and Use of the Site and/or Services
Your access and use of the Site and/or Services may be interrupted from time to time for any of several reasons, including, without limitation, the malfunction of equipment, periodic updating, maintenance or repair of the Site or Services or other actions that DHI, in its sole discretion, may elect to take. DHI reserves the right to suspend or discontinue the availability of the Site or Services and/or any portion or feature of the Site or Services at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.
You understand and agree that you have no interest, monetary or otherwise, in any feature or content contained in the Site or Services, including without limitation, the Account (defined below) registered to you, posted User Generated Content (defined below), etc., in the real world without DHI’s express written consent.
Additionally, you may not:
- Sublicense, lease, loan, or otherwise transfer your Account or use the Account, Site or Services for commercial purposes;
- Modify, adapt, reverse engineer or decompile software for the Site or Services (“Software”), or otherwise attempt to derive source code;
- Create any copies or derivative works regarding the Site, Software or Services;
- Use mail list, listserv, an auto-responder or spam on the Site, Software or Services or any processes that run or are activated while you are not logged in to your Account (defined below), or that otherwise interfere with the proper working of the Site, Software or Services;
- Record, process or mine information about other users;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, Services, Accounts (defined below), Software, computer systems or networks connected to the same;
- Use the Site or Services to violate the security of any computer network, disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to the Site, Software or Services;
- Crawl, scrape, index or spider any page or portion of the Site, Software or Services; or
- Otherwise use the Account, Site, Software or the Services except as expressly provided in this Agreement.
To use select Services offered under this Agreement, you must register for a user account (an “Account”) on the Site. Accounts are available only to adult individuals 18 years of age or older who have the necessary power and authority to enter in this Agreement. By accepting the terms of this Agreement, you represent that you are an adult 18 years of age or older and have the necessary power and authority to enter in this Agreement.
DHI may suspend, terminate, modify, or delete an Account at any time for any reason, with or without notice to you. Most Account suspensions, terminations, and/or deletions are the result of violations of this Agreement or are a result of an abandoned Account.
Your Access and Use of Services on the Site
You Must Maintain the Security of Any Access Credentials Issued to You. To use select Services offered under this Agreement, you must register for an Account on the Site. If you create an Account on the Site by completing the registration process, you will be asked to select a username and create a password (“Access Credentials”). It is solely your responsibility to maintain the security of your Access Credentials. You agree that DHI shall not be liable for any loss that you may suffer as a result of the authorized or unauthorized use of your Access Credentials, including by a third party. You may not allow any other person to use the Site or any Service via your Access Credentials. You agree to ensure that you exit from your Account at the end of each session.
You Must Notify DHI of a Breach. You agree to immediately notify DHI of any unauthorized use of your Access Credentials, any unauthorized use of any Account that you may have with DHI, any violation of this Agreement, or any other breach of security known to you in connection with any Product or Service available on the Site or through the Services by contacting us at www.todaysdesignhouse.com/contact. DHI has the right to suspend or terminate your Account and refuse your use of the Site, Software and/or Service for any reason, including for violations of this or any other agreement with DHI.
You Are Responsible for Your Decisions. DHI and its affiliates, through the Site and/or Services, may provide a venue or links through which you can obtain information and you can find third-party products and/or services from service providers, advertisers, business partners, affiliates and other third parties (collectively “Service Providers”). DHI does not endorse or recommend the products or services of any Service Provider and is not an agent or advisor to you or any Service Provider. DHI does not validate or investigate the licensing, certification or other requirements and qualifications of Service Providers. It is your responsibility to investigate Service Providers. You acknowledge and agree that Service Providers are solely responsible for any services and/or products that they may provide to you and that DHI shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages or claims in connection with, arising from or related to your use of a Service Provider’s products or services. You acknowledge and agree that you rely on your own judgment in selecting any products or services offered by Service Providers.
No Guarantee of Quotes, Fees, Terms, Rates, Coverage or Services. DHI does not guarantee or make any warranties or representations regarding any pricing, quotes, fees, terms, rates, discounts, specials, coverage or services offered or made available through the Site or Services or by Service Providers or that such are the best terms or lowest rates available.
Fees and Payments
Access to and use of the Site, Services and an Account is currently free for all users. If you or someone using your Account purchases a product on the Site, you agree to pay to DHI the fee as identified when the Product was purchased on the Site, in a catalog or through sales personnel (“Fees”). Fees may be imposed or adjusted by DHI in its sole discretion. If you fail to pay any Fees or other charges, for example, if your method of payment is rejected, DHI may (reserving other legal remedies and rights) terminate this Agreement and your Account without further notice. All payment of Fees or other charges are final and nonrefundable, except where and to the extent required by law.
At any time, DHI may choose to charge or change fees for access to the Site, Services or Products and DHI will notify you of those charges at the time that DHI offers the same or changes the fee. DHI may, in its sole discretion, and by notifying you on the Site or through the Services, of such a change to this policy and begin charging for access to the Site and/or Services, and DHI may, in its sole discretion, add, remove or change the features and Services DHI offers or the fees (including the amount and type of fees) DHI charges at any time. If DHI introduces a new service or charges a new fee, DHI will post a reasonable notification of the fees for that service at the launch of the service or start of charging a new fee. Upon the posting of such a notification, you agree to pay all fees and charges specified and all applicable taxes for your continued use of the applicable Site and/or Services.
Financial Transactions on the Account
You acknowledge and agree that DHI is authorized, but not required, to act on payment instructions received from anyone using your Account. You authorize DHI to (a) initiate debits or charges against your financial account or credit card periodically for the amount then due for purchases made and Fees or other charges due (if any); and (b) initiate any other debits or credits authorized by you or anyone using the Account registered to you. All payments must be made in U.S. dollars from a U.S. bank or via alternative payment methods made available by DHI. You acknowledge that transactions may be facilitated by a third-party payment processor (the “Processor”), and agree that DHI may share your information, including information about your financial accounts, with the Processor, for this purpose. All amounts paid are final and non-refundable, except where and to the extent required by law. All fees, balances or other charges not paid by you within thirty (30) days from the date of purchase are subject to interest charges. You are responsible for paying all taxes on any purchase, Fees or other charges. If DHI is obligated to collect any taxes, such taxes will be added to your Account.
Transmissions, Submissions and Postings to the Site
You will remain the owner of the User Generated Content you post. You are responsible for the User Generated Content you have posted and that posted from any of your Accounts.
For all User Generated Content you post or posted through your Account(s), you represent and warrant that (i) the poster has the right to post the User Generated Content, (ii) neither DHI’s nor any third party’s rights, laws, statutes, ordinances or regulations, e.g. COPPA, CalOPPA, etc., will be violated by such posting, (iii) you are not being compensated for the posting; and (iv) the User Generated Content (a) is not harmful, trade libelous, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, obscene, explicit or vulgar, libelous, or otherwise injurious, objectionable or offensive or that infringes on any third party’s rights of publicity or privacy, (b) does not make the security of your Account, the Site, Software and/or Services vulnerable in any way, (c) does not contain any viruses, worms, Trojan horses, trap doors, back doors, easter eggs, time bombs, cancelbots or other code or computer programming routines that contain contaminating or destructive properties or that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information, (f) does not contain or constitute chain letters, mass mailings, political campaigning, or any form of “spam,” (g) does not contain information that is false, inaccurate or misleading and (h) does not include or constitute commercial advertisements or solicitations. You acknowledge that DHI and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse, review, edit, disassociate or remove any User Generated Content or material that is available through the Site, Software and/or Services.
By posting User Generated Content, you grant DHI an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, edit, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such User Generated Content for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, on or in connection with DHI, the Site and Services, or the promotion thereof, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such User Generated Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. You also hereby grant each user of an Account, Site and/or Services a worldwide, non-exclusive, fully paid, royalty free, worldwide license to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, host, reformat, edit, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) any User Generated Content submitted by you or through your Account during each such user’s use of the Account, Site and/or Services.
You acknowledge that your User Generated Content may contain concepts, ideas, materials, proposals, suggestions and the like relating to DHI or our initiatives (collectively “Ideas”). With respect to Ideas you acknowledge that: (a) DHI receives numerous submissions from many parties and/or may have independently developed and/or considered similar Ideas, and that DHI’s review of the Ideas is not an admission of novelty, priority or originality; and (b) DHI’s use of any similar Ideas, whether based on User Generated Content, provided to DHI by third parties, or independently developed or considered by DHI, shall be without obligation to you.
You irrevocably waive any and all claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to User Generated Content as against DHI.
DHI’s Intellectual Property Rights
The content in the Site, Software and Services, except your User Generated Content, to the extent any exists, including without limitation, the patents, trademarks, copyrights, text, software, graphics, scripts, photos, music, videos, photographs, images, screen shots, downloadable files, product and program names, the compilation of the forgoing and the like (“Content”), is owned by or licensed to DHI and is subject to patent, trademark, copyright and other intellectual property laws of the United States and foreign countries.
Content in the Site, Software and Services is provided for your personal use only and may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of DHI, which permission may be withheld in DHI’s sole discretion. DHI reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Site, Software, Services and Content. DHI makes no claim to any third-party names, trademarks or service marks appearing on the Site or through the Services. Any third-party names, trademarks, and service marks are property of their respective owners.
You shall be solely responsible for any damage resulting from your Account, infringement of DHI’s or any third party’s intellectual property rights regarding the Content, and/or any other harm incurred by DHI or its affiliates as a direct or indirect result of your Account’s copying, distributing, redistributing, transmitting, publishing or using the same for purposes that are contrary to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Your Use of the Content
DHI grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to make personal use of the Content; provided, however, that you shall not delete any proprietary notices. You may not modify the Content or utilize it for any commercial purpose or any other public display, distribution, performance, sale, or rental, and may not decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble the Content, or transfer or distribute the Content to another person.
Except as otherwise permitted under the copyright laws of the United States, no other copying, distribution, redistribution, transmission, publication or use, other than as expressly permitted by this Agreement, is permitted by you without the express prior written permission of DHI, which permission may be withheld in DHI’s sole discretion.
You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing DHI’s name or trademarks without the express written permission of DHI, which permission may be withheld in DHI’s sole discretion.
Product cross-reference comparisons do not imply that all products compared are available, or in the case of functional equivalency, that performance and other characteristics are fully comparable. Please review specifications prior to purchase.
Your Use of the User Generated Content
You agree to only use so much of the User Generated Content or portions thereof, other than your own, as is necessary to utilize the Site and/or Services for their intended purposes.
Access and Interference
You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper, deep link or other similar automated data gathering or extraction tools, program, algorithm or methodology to access, acquire, copy or monitor the Site, Software or Services or any portion of the Site Software or Services or for any other purpose, without DHI’s express written permission which may be withheld in DHI’s sole discretion. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (i) take any action that imposes, or may impose in DHI’s sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on DHI’s infrastructure; (ii) copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute or publicly display any Content (except for your personal information) from the Site, Software or Services without the prior written permission of DHI and the appropriate third party, as applicable; (iii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper operation of the Site, Software or Services or any activities conducted on the same; or (iv) bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures DHI may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site, Software or Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, DHI grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Site or Services for the sole purpose and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available search indices of the materials on the Site or Services, but not caches or archives of such materials. DHI reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases. You shall not collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Site or Services. You shall not (i) use any communication systems provided on the Site or through the Services (e.g. reviews, third party social media, email, etc.) for any commercial or solicitation purposes or (ii) solicit for commercial purposes any users of the Site or Services without DHI’s express, written permission, which permission may be withheld in DHI’s sole discretion.
When you visit the Site, use the Services, submit a contact form, or send email to DHI, you are communicating with DHI electronically. You consent to receive communications from DHI, its affiliates and partners electronically and via any e-mail address, text message or other similar means you provide to DHI or through the Site or Services for any purposes. Although DHI may choose to communicate with you by regular mail, DHI may also choose to communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on the Site or through the Services. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that DHI electronically provides to you satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. You also agree to accept such messages and at any applicable network access, data usage or similar fees.
Your Responsibility for Equipment and Related Costs
You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware, Internet access services and other equipment, software (including a web browser) or services needed to access and use the Site and/or Services and all costs and fees associated with Internet access or long distance charges incurred with regard to your access and use of the Site or Services. DHI will endeavor to make the Site and Services accessible on the most common web browsers and the current version of such web browsers and some common devices, but makes no representations or warranties on the same.
If DHI provides aspects of the Site or Services available for your mobile or other device, please be aware that your carrier’s normal rates and fees may apply and that the terms of this Agreement and other agreements to your use of such mobile application. Portions of the Site and/or select Services may not be available through select mobile devices or may appear differently than on a computer.
DHI respects the intellectual property rights of others. It is DHI’s policy to comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, title 17, United States Code, Section 512, including, without limitation, responding to notices of alleged copyright infringement, and other applicable intellectual property laws. Infringing material may be reported to email@example.com.
When reporting infringing material to DHI (“DMCA Notice”) please provide:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit DHI to locate the material;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit DHI to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Upon receiving a complete DMCA Notice, DHI will
- take reasonable steps promptly to notify the poster of the allegedly infringing material (“Poster”) that DHI has removed or disabled access to the allegedly infringing material;
- upon receipt of a counter notification described below, promptly provide the person who provided the notification with a copy of the counter notification, and inform that person that DHI will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it in 10 business days; and
- replace the removed material and cease disabling access to it not less than 10, nor more than 14, business days following receipt of the counter notice, unless DHI’s designated agent (identified below) first receives notice from the person who submitted the notification that such person has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain the Poster from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the Site or through the Services.
A counter notification must include:
- a physical or electronic signature of the Poster;
- identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- a statement under penalty of perjury that the Poster has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- the Poster’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the Poster consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the Poster’s address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which DHI may be found, and that the Poster will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or an agent of such person.
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. §512(c)(2)), DHI’s designated agent to receive notices and counter notices of claimed infringement is:
Attention: DMCA Notice
Attn: Compliance Officer
5205 West Donges Bay Rd.
Mequon, WI 53092
Email address of designated agent firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish report infringing materials other than for copyright infringement, please provide as much of the above information as possible. Although DHI reserves the right to remove any material that it believes in good faith to be infringing material that is used without authorization by any or user of the Site and/or Services, we do not obligate ourselves to do so except in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. We also reserve the right to suspend or delete the Account of any repeat offender.
Customer Ratings and Reviews and Questions and Answers
By submitting any content to DHI CORP., you guarantee that:
- You are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights in the content;
- All "moral rights" that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
- All content that you post is accurate;
- You are at least 18 years old;
You further agree that you may not submit any content:
- That is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- That infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- That violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- That is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- For which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any unapproved third party;
- That includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers;
- That contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
You agree to indemnify and hold DHI CORP. (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers, including but not limited to Bazaarvoice, Inc.), harmless from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown including reasonable attorneys' fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
For any content that you submit, you grant DHI CORP. a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you.
This Agreement is effective until terminated. You may terminate this Agreement by deactivating your Account, stopping all use of the Site and/or Services and providing notice of termination to www.todaysdesignhouse.com/contact. In the event that you terminate or breach this Agreement, you will forfeit your right to any and all Fees, purchases and other payments made in connection with the Site and Services and all Accounts will terminate. DHI may terminate this Agreement with or without notice by deactivating the Account and/or deleting or dissociating any User Generated Content. By way of example only, DHI may deactivate and/or terminate abandoned Accounts or Accounts which appear to be abandoned such as due to non-use for period of time. A termination of this Agreement will also act to terminate your Account. You acknowledge and agree that you are not entitled to any refund for any amounts paid or pre-paid in connection with the Account prior to termination of this Agreement.
DHI may apply patches, updates and modifications to its Site and/or Services at any time (each an “Update”), and features may change after the application of an Update. DHI may change, modify, suspend, or discontinue any aspect of any feature or Service at any time. DHI may also impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts or all of the Site, Software and/or Services without notice or liability. DHI makes no representation that a feature, the Site, Software and/or Services will work on a particular web browser, version of a web browser or device.
THE SITE AND SERVICE, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN OR PROVIDED THERE THROUGH, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, DELAYS, ERRORS AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, SITE, SOFTWARE AND THE INFORMATION RECEIVED THROUGH THEM. FURTHER, DHI MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS WHATSOEVER ABOUT OTHER WEBSITES WHICH YOU MAY ACCESS THROUGH THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, SERVICES OR PRODUCTS CONTAINED THEREIN OR OBTAINED THERE THROUGH.
DHI FURTHER DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, (1) REGARDING THE QUALITY, VALIDITY, CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE, CONTENT, SERVICES, PRODUCTS AND MATERIALS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SAME, (2) THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS OR INACCURACIES WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (3) REGARDING THE SAFETY, RELIABILITY, TITLE, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS, MERCHANTABILITY, CONFORMITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE CONTENT OR THE SITE, SERVICES AND PRODUCTS. DHI MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE THAT THE CONTENT THAT MAY BE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOADING FROM THE SITE OR THROUGH THE SERVICES IS FREE OF INFECTION FROM ANY VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, TRAP DOORS, BACK DOORS, EASTER EGGS, TIME BOMBS, CANCELBOTS OR OTHER CODE OR COMPUTER PROGRAMMING ROUTINES THAT CONTAIN CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES OR THAT ARE INTENDED TO DAMAGE, DETRIMENTALLY INTERFERE WITH, SURREPTITIOUSLY INTERCEPT OR EXPROPRIATE ANY SYSTEM, DATA OR PERSONAL INFORMATION. DHI DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY QUOTES, OFFERS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE.
DHI MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THE CONTENT OR MATERIALS, OR TO THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, SPECIFICATIONS OR PRICES DESCRIBED ON THE SITE, AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. THE CONTENT AND MATERIALS MAY BE OUT OF DATE, AND DHI MAKES NO COMMITMENT TO UPDATE THE CONTENT OR MATERIALS AT ITS SERVICES AND/OR SITE OR TO MAKE ANY NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES. INFORMATION PUBLISHED AT THE SITE OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES MAY REFER TO PRODUCTS, PROGRAMS OR SERVICES THAT ARE NOT AVAILABLE. YOU HEREBY RELEASE DHI FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED OR UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED OR UNDISCLOSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO A DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND ANOTHER ACCOUNT HOLDER OR USER.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HEREBY SHALL AND DO WAIVE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE 1542, WHICH PROVIDES “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
THE SITE IS CONTROLLED AND OFFERED BY DHI FROM DHI’S FACILITIES IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. DHI MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS THAT THE SITE IS APPROPRIATE OR AVAILABLE FOR USE IN OTHER JURISDICTIONS. IF YOU ACCESS OR USE THE SITE FROM OTHER JURISDICTIONS, THEN YOU DO SO BY YOUR OWN VOLITION AND ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH LOCAL LAW.
DHI SHALL IN NO EVENT BE RESPONSIBLE TO, OR LIABLE TO, YOU, OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SERVICES AND/OR SITE OR ANY INFORMATION RECEIVED FROM THE SAME, INCLUDING THE CONTENT OR ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN OR THROUGH THE SERVICES AND/OR SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFIT, REVENUE OR BUSINESS, AS A DIRECT OR INDIRECT RESULT OF: (I) YOUR BREACH OR VIOLATION OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT; (II) YOUR ACCESS AND USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES; (III) YOUR DELAY IN ACCESSING OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SITE OR SERVICES FOR ANY REASON; (IV) YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY OF THE CONTENT OR THE COLLECTIVE WORK FOR YOUR USE; (V) YOUR RELIANCE UPON OR USE OF THE CONTENT OR THE COLLECTIVE WORK, OR (VI) ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES, WHETHER RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTUOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF DHI AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS HAD BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SERVICES AND/OR SITE IS TO TERMINATE YOUR ACCOUNT AND/OR STOP USING THE SITE, SERVICE, AND THE INFORMATION OBTAINED THEREIN. NOTWITHSTANDING THE ABOVE, DHI’S LIABILITY AND THE LIABILITY OF ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED $100.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT DHI SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER GENERATED CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY, AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM SUCH USER GENERATED CONTENT AND THIRD-PARTY CONDUCT RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
YOU AND DHI AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SITE OR SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions or limitations may not apply to you.
You shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless DHI and its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives and affiliates from and against all claims and expenses, including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees, arising out of, or attributable to: (i) any breach or violation of this Agreement by you or someone using your Account; (ii) your failure to provide accurate, complete and current Registration Data requested or required by DHI; (iii) your or someone using your Account’s access or use of the Site or Services; (iv) access or use of the Site or Services under any Access Credentials that may be issued to you; (v) your or someone using your Account’s transmissions, submissions or postings (e.g., your own User Generated Content); (vi) your or someone using your Account’s purchase of any Products or Services through this Site or Services; and/or (vii) any personal injury or property damage caused by you or someone using your Account. Upon learning of any claim, action or proceeding, DHI will undertake to promptly notify you. DHI reserves the right to take over the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you would be required to indemnify DHI and you agree to cooperate with such defense. You agree not to settle any such matter without the prior written consent of DHI.
You release DHI (and its officers, agents, directors, subsidiaries, and employees) from claims, demands and damages of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way related with any dispute between you or your Account and one or more users.
DHI reserves the right to update, amend and/or change this Agreement at any time in its sole discretion and without notice. Updates to this Agreement will be posted here. Amendments will take effect immediately upon DHI posting the updated Agreement on the Site or through the Services. You are encouraged to revisit this Agreement from time to time in order to review any changes that have been made. The date on which this Agreement was last updated will be noted immediately above this Agreement. Your continued access or use of the Site or Services following the posting of any such changes shall automatically be deemed your acceptance of all changes. If you do not agree to the revised version of this Agreement, you will not be permitted to continue use of your Account or the Site and Services. If at any time you become no longer able to comply with the terms of the current version of this Agreement, you must terminate this Agreement and immediately stop using all Accounts as well as the Site and Services. You acknowledge and agree that you are not entitled to any refund for any amounts paid or pre-paid in connection with the Account prior to termination of this Agreement.
You acknowledge that DHI may be irreparably damaged if this Agreement is not specifically enforced, and damages at law would be an inadequate remedy. Therefore, in the event of a breach or threatened breach of any provision of this Agreement by you or someone using your Account, DHI shall be entitled, in addition to all rights and remedies, to an injunction restraining such breach or threatened breach, without being required to show any actual damage or to post an injunction bond, and/or to a decree for specific performance of the provisions of this Agreement. For purposes of this Section, you agree that any action or proceeding with regard to such injunction restraining such breach or threatened breach may be brought where you reside or in the courts of Ozaukee County, Wisconsin, or the United States District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, Milwaukee Division. You consent to the jurisdiction of such court and waive any objection to the laying of venue of any such action or proceeding in such court. You agree that service of any court paper may be effected on such party by mail or in such other manner as may be provided under applicable laws, rules of procedure or local rules.
You agree that: (i) the Site and Services shall be deemed solely based in the State of Wisconsin; and (ii) the Site shall be deemed a passive site that does not give rise to personal jurisdiction over DHI, its affiliates and assigns, either specific or general, in jurisdictions other than the State of Wisconsin. This Agreement and the relationship between you and DHI is to be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Wisconsin, without regard for principles of conflicts of laws. Any civil action, claim, dispute or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement, except for an injunctive action regarding a breach or threatened breach of any provision of this Agreement by you as provided above, shall be brought in the courts of Ozaukee County, Wisconsin, or the United States District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, Milwaukee Division and you agree to the exclusive jurisdiction and forum of the same. DHI’s failure to enforce any right or provision of this Agreement does not constitute a waiver of that right or provision.
If any portion of this Agreement is deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable by any arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction, this Agreement as a whole shall not be deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable, but only that portion of this Agreement that is unlawful, void or unenforceable shall be stricken from this Agreement.
The headings contained in this Agreement are for convenience of reference only, are not to be considered a part of this Agreement, and shall not limit or otherwise affect in any way the meaning or interpretation of this Agreement.
All covenants, agreements, representations and warranties made in this Agreement that by their nature should survive, as may be amended by DHI from time to time, shall survive your acceptance of this Agreement and the termination of this Agreement.
If you have questions, comments, concerns or feedback regarding this Agreement or the Site or Services, please contact DHI at www.todaysdesignhouse.com/contact.