DIRECTOR OF MARKETING SERVICES (PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT)
If you are looking for a role with Executive Management visibility, leadership opportunities, and the ability to have an immediate impact on the strategy of a successfully-growing company, this is the perfect opportunity!
The Director of Marketing Services will propose, develop, implement, and evaluate all Marketing and Product Development programs, projects, and policies. Will develop and implement promotional, brand-building, competitive differentiation, and Sales support programs using market-based technologies, market research, advertising, promotion, and new product development. Will support the growth and profitability objectives by identifying new market and product opportunities, leading the appropriate analysis to support investment, building the necessary teams, and successfully launching new solutions.
- Develop solid knowledge of the Company’s products, competitive products, competitive advertising activities, market conditions, trends, and category information
- Specify market and product requirements for current and future products by conducting market and competitive research; identification of market potential, distribution trends, research, analysis of sales records, and meeting with customers and prospects
- Lead product life cycle management: Innovation, product optimization, pricing strategy, SKU rationalization, concept development, including the establishment of new product requirements
- Cross-functional collaboration to create development and test plans
- Development of pricing strategies across multi-channels
- Prioritize potential opportunities and focus team efforts to best capitalize on available resources
- Work closely with engineering/factories to deliver the right products to market, at the right time, with the right capabilities
- Leverage data and insights to assist in the development of impactful and compelling fact based selling strategies and sales support materials for current or new products and strategic business initiatives
- Meet the Company’s financial objectives through disciplined financial planning and budget management
- Develop, execute, manage, and evaluate advertising and promotion programs through various channels
- Work in an interdisciplinary fashion to complete major products, including project launches and packaging changes
- Build and manage Marketing programs for demand and lead generation; follow up and develop processes for lead tracking and management to increase sales and conversion rates
- Oversee management of the brand, including logo usage, written material, or any public appearance of Company information
- Initiate new marketing campaigns and programs and plan the resources needed, expenditures, personnel, and implementation
- Develop, update, and maintain Corporate website and Social Media web presence
- Build and lead strong Marketing/Product Management teams •Communicate with customers to determine new market potential and pricing necessary to expand market penetration
- Define and implement a website strategy which promotes our brand and can be used to reduce internal resource demands and generate revenue for the organization
- Position will drive multiple brands and products between Business Units
- Implement a robust New Product Development process, to include: Opportunity evaluation, preventative quality measures, documented product specifications, defined timelines, expected results, product testing, internal communication planning, market launch strategies, lifecycle management quality/ technical support, and exit strategies
- Industry-leading expertise as it relates to product certification requirements and compliance, future industry mandates, participation in industry associations, and factory compliance
- Establish a technical support process/team focused on post sale issue resolution
- Define and implement a product organization focused around quality, speed to market, and post sale technical support, which supports market needs and customer intimacy
- Management of the Graphics Department
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
- 6+ years of demonstrated success in product development
- 4+ years of demonstrated success building and leading professional teams
- 4+ years of demonstrated success in budget planning and P&L product line planning
- Demonstrated success in planning, conducting, and utilizing market research
- Must have previous product pricing, Sales, and Marketing experience in multi-channels
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Self-starter; strong problem-solving and analytical skills; strategic and creative thinking aptitude
- Excellent analytical, written, verbal, and presentation communication skills (MS office proficiency)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
Application Instructions: Send resume to: Tiffany Castagno, firstname.lastname@example.org
5205 W. Donges Bay Road, Mequon, WI 53092
Plan, perform, and manage the functions of Purchasing, Sourcing, and Relationship Management with the Company supplier base. Identify opportunities and craft strategies for low-cost country manufacturing and sourcing, in alignment with the needs of the business. Responsibilities include the evaluation of vendor-managed programs and creating inventory reduction plans. Effectively negotiate and manage contracts and agreements with suppliers, and complete appropriate financial analysis. Complete knowledge of commodity management, international sourcing, and transportation systems to improve performance, productivity, efficiency, and profitability.
Identify and manage to key supply chain performance indicators relevant to inventory management.
o Optimize inventory levels, ordering processes, transportation costs and finished goods costs at various points of the supply chain.
o Achievement of customer service targets related to quality, availability and on-time delivery.
Establish an inventory policy to plan and control inventories for different business units.
o When to order inventory
o How to determine order size per order
o Relative importance of each inventory item
o Inventory control procedures for individual items
Understand and manage inventory costs (e.g. landed costs, storage costs, capital costs, and risk), ordering costs, backorders, lost sales, lost customer costs, and variance costs.
Manage established domestic and international supplier relationships/ sourcing of material and/or product, including monitoring and enforcing supplier agreements, monitoring price changes, leveraging favorable terms, and optimizing minimum order quantities.
Establish seamless processes across the supply chain to create cohesion between planning, sourcing and procurement, manufacturing, and logistics.
Work with Corporate/DHI Asia offices and partners/carriers to gain working knowledge of overall import strategies, governing issues of container consolidation, factory/port relationship, and various aspects of freight, duty, and associated fees.
Support product teams in managing vendor relationships over multiple product lines.
Keep abreast of changes affecting both the supply of, and demand for, needed products and materials.
•Use quantitative and qualitative forecasting methods for demand planning.
Perform analytical work to build consensus on a demand plan.
Interfaces with Product Development, Marketing, Sales, and Operations.
Work with Corporate logistics/distribution team on issues related to warehousing, packing, and shipping client orders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Economics, or related field
- Construction background a plus
- Knowledge of Chinese and Taiwanese cultures and business practices
- Understanding of international logistics
- Must be experienced at identifying and qualifying new strategic suppliers
- Ability to negotiate, source, and maintain vendor relationships
- Working knowledge of DRP (Distribution Resource Planning), Statistics
- Excellent written and verbal communication. Comfort with being in a position to influence and persuade various audiences
- Ability to accurately perform mathematical and scientific calculations, statistical analysis, project management, and experience in problem solving
- Strong communications skills and good understanding of contract terminology
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office products and ERP systems a must, experience in Apprise a plus
- Cash management skills/ some tax laws
- Certifications in APICS, CPM, or similar certification a plus
- Typically requires periodic overseas travel to source and qualify suppliers and/or troubleshoot issues with existing suppliers
Send resume to Tiffany Castagno at: email@example.com or fax to: 262-236-4451. 5205 W. Donges Bay Road, Mequon, WI 53092