PRODUCT MANAGER- ACCENTS UNLIMITED
This position is responsible for all areas of Product Management, to include: Identification of product trends, competitive analysis, vendor negotiations for new products, direct customer feedback, sku rationalization, new product development, and P&L of the product line. In addition, this position will manage complimentary product lines, be responsible for communicating the product vision, and working closely with overseas manufacturers during development of products. The position requires working closely with Sales, Marketing, Asia Operations, and Customer Service to ensure product placement revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met, while aligning with Corporate strategy.
• Responsible for, along with sales, to meet or exceed each product category’s sales and profitability expectations for the Accents division.
• Represent and lead a team-oriented Product Lifecycle Management Process for on-time introduction, successful execution, and aggressive new product launch campaigns for cyclical and seasonal product categories.
• Supervise product team and outside freelancers.
• Identify market trends via documented retail industry analysis/competitor profiles, trade shows attendance, customer visits, and international travel to suppliers.
• Responsible for executing all product design, function, and research and development needs.
• Create yearly trend boards for use in product collection development.
• Role interfaces with every functional area of the company (internal and external); involved in bringing our product lines to market: Product Design, Product Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Purchasing, Suppliers, Quality, Finance, Manufacturing, Marketing, Forecasting, Sales, Sales Support, and Graphics groups.
• Establish and distribute a complete competitive, to include estimated annual volume.
• Develop product lines for annual introduction to maximize market presence within our various Retail Channels: Home Center, Mass Merchant, Farm, Drug, Club, Co-op. Activity includes: Establishing Products, Packaging, Retail Pricing, and initial standard cost.
• Managing product line additions to meet key customer needs with Sales Managers.
• Oversee and manage new order codes and UPCs for all products.
• Work closely with the Category Manager in China to source, certify, and develop new factories, materials, and processes.
• Partner with Sales in the research and qualification of new and adjacent business opportunities.
• Manage sample requests, presentation materials, product testing, quotes and pricing, and retailer-specific promotional needs.
• Attend domestic and international trend reviews, kick-off meetings, and line reviews.
• Sales Support, Research, Promotional
• Must be willing to travel both domestically and internationally (Minimally 20% expected)
• Degree preferably in Business or Marketing
• 5 years successful Product Management experience in consumer durable products
• Fundamental understanding of market research and project management
• Organizational, Analytical, and Problem-Solving skills
• Costing, Pricing, Margin Analysis.
• Skills in copywriting for trade and consumer support materials to include, but not limited to: Catalogs, image pieces, and point of purchase
• Advanced computer skills in business-based applications (e.g . Excel, Photoshop, CRM, Sharepoint)
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally
• Background in Design/Art is a plus
Tiffany Castagno – Human Resources
F} 262.236.4451 HUMANRESOURCES@DHI-CORP.COM
5205 W. Donges Bay Road, Mequon, WI 53092